We got married in Utah at the Pioneer Heritage Park in the Kimball home! We had asked my dad to marry us. We are dreaming for the day when we can be sealed for all time and eternity. When that day happens it will be a Glorious day!
As I enter the bride room after I had set everything up I saw my dress hanging up I couldn't help look at in awe. The day I picked out my wedding dress was a wonderful day it was the day after Daniel had asked my dad for my hand in marriage. I went shopping with mom and my oldest sister Emily who was my maid of honor. We were on the hunt for the perfect dress. We been to a few stores but nothing really stood out. I had one dress picked out if I didn't find the dress that gave me a much better feeling. When we arrived at a little dress shop in Lehi, Utah, I was trying on dress after dress but was frustrated that none of them were in my price rang or the look I was wanting. Finally they gave me on last dress to try on. It ended up being the one I wore on our special day. What about that dress that made it so special. I walked out and I knew it was the right dress cause my mom got teary eye but also the details of the dress was amazing. The lace on the bottom of the dress was my style, the top of my dress just match my figure. It was the perfect dress! I felt like a bride! I knew that was the dress I needed to be married in. I brought that dress and 24 hours later I flew home to Arizona with it. FYI I packed it so well so Daniel wouldn't even see it.
As I was getting dress and my mom was helping me I couldn't help thinking about my life and what got me to this point. When I got married, I was 37 years old. I didn't expect to get married so late in my life. Honestly, I thought I would meet the man of my dreams soon after high school and be a stay at home mom. That was not in the books. Instead, I needed to get my education first and get my life even more in order. I do not regret it one bit for focusing on my education. It comes in handy now because I do have have to work for the time being. I also thought about all the men I have dated, but were not the right fit. I am glad I waited! I am glad to have met Daniel the love of my life, my biggest supporter and partner. I couldn't wait to walk down the isle to get married.
Who is Daniel....
Daniel is my life long partner who supports me in all my dreams. Daniel has a heart of a peacemaker. He is a great listener and most of all a Great Father! I love him with every fiber of my being. I couldn't wait to walk down the isle and see him.
The time came to be married! Everyone was all lining up. Daniel was waiting for me down stairs. I really wasn't nervous. I was waiting for someone to tell me lets go! The song I walked down the isle to is "A Thousand Years." My favorite line of that whole song:Beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow
It is true when I saw Daniel standing all of my doubt did go away!
As I was walking down the isle everything was blurry except for Daniel. Seeing Daniel down at the end there was some tears. When finally got there it was nothing but smiles. My dad officiated the wedding I will share some of the amazing things he said. I am so glad my dad kept his notes because I am pretty sure my focus was on Daniel and not on the words except "do I take Daniel".
This is a great blessing...when it seems as if the entire world is against
you...Elizabeth, you will know that Daniel will always be
there for you...and Daniel, when it appears that nothing is
going your way, you will know that Elizabeth will always be
there for you.
What I do remember is that Daniel and I promise that we will be faithful and loving with each other. Its been a year since we got married. Honestly, there are times that things haven't gone our way and we have had a lot of things not our way ( more explanation will come in later blogs) but we have been there for each other. I have found that each time that we come out on to with different trials that we have had my love continues to grow for Daniel.
After the ceremony it was party time! Daniel and I had practice our dance to our song. I still to this day know the dance with my heart and the song. We danced to "I can't Help Falling in Love" song by Haley Reinhart. We cut the cake and then we left on our honeymoon and didn't look back.











No comments:
Post a Comment