I get off the tube and had to walk through Green Pak which was just as amazing as the garden that I walked through yesterday. Tomorrow morning I think I will go to the Garden parks and just sit and relax while reading a book that I brought to read on the plane. After walking through the garden I saw Buckingham Palace. There was a huge crowd. I arrived just in time to watch the changing of the guards. That was cool!
After I went to the Palace I started walking down the road to Westminster Abby. I had to go though another garden/park. As I was walking I could hear drums. I decided to go check it out. It was at he Imperial War museum. There was a rehearsal for the Household Divison's Beating Retreat at Horse Guard Parade. I was amazing to watch how they stay in step. I got to listen to the bagpipes play. Listening to bagpipes never get old. After that I continue to walk though the Buckingham garden on my way to Westminster Abby. I stopped along the way to There was this Pond with this cute little house. This cute little house watches the birds. I saw pelicans, ducks, and some other amazing birds (of course I have pictures of them). While I was taking picture of a bird I was not paying attention of what was going on around me. After I was done I turn my head and I see a squirrel sitting on my shoulder. He just sat that. I didn't want to make any sudden movements, therefor I did not get a selfie with the squirrel. However, some person gave me some sunflower seed and it just crawled down my arm took some and off he jumped. He just wanted some food. I did get a picture of the squirrel on the fence! After that I continue my journey to the Abbey.
I finally arrive and of course there is a crowd of people. This magnificent building is beautiful. I have been watching the Netflix show The Crown. Knowing the history behind the Abbey is just so rich. I did not make it in time to do a tour inside of it. But seeing the outside was just as good. Next I wandered over to the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben. The sad thing is that Big Ben and part of that building is under construction. Right behind Big Ben is London eye. It this big ferris wheel. I cross the Westminster Bridge and I stopped right in the middle to take a picture of the boats going out on the River Thames. After that I went to the Florence Nightingale museum. It starting to get late so I start to head back. Then I see the Churchill War Room tour I decided to go to it.
Before I go talk about the war room I need to mention what I saw while walking past the Houses of Parliament. I saw several people out protesting against the Brexit. What is Brexit? First of all the word means "British exit". It relates to the idea of United Kingdom to leave the European Union. I had to study this as part of my program and how it will affect higher education if it were to happen.
Now back to the War Room....
The Churchill War Room was AMAZING! Several months ago I got to watch The Darkest Hour now after I got to see where it all happened was a humbling experience. World War II was a harsh war and Churchill was a man who stepped up to recognized that England would be next if he didn't go to War. Seeing the Map room where it all happened was just chilling and amazing at the same time.
After I visited the war room I walked back to the Abbey to get a better picture without the bright sun. I saw this huge line of people waiting to get in for a service. They were all dress so nicely and in hats. Some of the cutest hats! I decided to walk back toward Buckingham Palace to get another picture without the bright sun as well. Instead of walking back towards the tube station I decided to walk through Hyde park and go through Kensington Garden. By this time cyclist and runners are out in the park. If i was to live here I would be biking everyday in the summer because its so easy here in London. They actually have bike lanes, parks and etc just for these types of activities. Walking through the park I saw a practice of rugby, cricket and football. It was fun to just sit and watch. It took me 40 minuets just to walk back to my hotel. My feet hurts!
I went to have dinner at a local Pub and had fish and chips. It was delicious. By the time I was walking back to my hotel the streets lights were coming alive and seeing the city be alive in the dark was fun.
I think I have fallen in love with London! Tomorrow I start my journey to meed with my class and my learning begins!! So excited
![]() |
| Big Ben |
![]() |
| The Square |
![]() |
| Buckingham Palace |
| Westminster Abbey |
| The friendly Squirrel |
| Buckingham Palace from another angle |
![]() |
| The Guard Museum |





Great pics, great narration. That is some amazing scaffolding.
ReplyDeleteI read your post, commented and then it was lost. What a fun day for you!
Delete