This blog is about my Aunt Anita who passed away November 17th.
She was a person that had so much
compassion and never judged. She was a person that could just find happiness in
everything. I have several little stories
that I want to write down before I forget them.
First story takes me back to when I was a young girl. When
the Bountiful temple house happened. We had Grandpa and Grandma Martin staying
in Utah. I remember we had plans to meet up with Aunt Anita and Uncle Bob and they
would be bringing my grandparents with them. They were late, and I remember my
dad and Aunt Anita got in a small argument. We all ended up going through the
temple and then we were to drive the grandparents back to Blackfoot, Idaho that
night. I remember it was a few days later that my dad had to drop something off
to aunt Anita house. I was with him and I remember she wanted to talk about
what happened and asked for my dad for forgiveness for the spat they had. She showed
example of not letting thing fester and not to have anger. My dad and her hugged,
and it was amazing thing to watched.
Another story take place when I was a little older in Young Women’s
in my church. I was working on my Young Women’s medallion. I was focusing on
Faith. I had asked several members of my family to share a story of when they
had to have faith to put in my book that I was making. Aunt Anita told me an
amazing story that I still have packed away in a box. But the summary of her
story was her desire to have children. She had several miscarriages I think it
was 15. She said at first, she was angry but then it turns to having the most
desire to have Faith that God know what he is doing and that she would have
children one day. After each one she said that she would just pray and continued
to have faith. She said it was better to have faith then to have anger. She
said that in having faith she was able to have her two children that she loves
and adores so much today. She taught me a lot about faith through that story
that anger doesn’t get you very far.
The last story take place when I came early from my mission.
That was probably the biggest struggle that I was dealing with. I didn’t want to come home at all but needed
to. She was the first person to email me from all my family members. She Reminded
me of love and that she did not judge at all. I was harder on myself and judge
myself more than anyone in my family. In fact, looking back none of my family
judge me. But she said the following:
Welcome home, good and faithful servant.
We are all so proud of you. We will give you a week or two to rest then we want
to see and visit with you. We love you
Uncle Bob and Aunt Anita and household.
She did give me a big Hug. She was an example, to me in showing
love to all and not judge.
She was always happy no matter what situation she was in.
she found ways to be happy and positive. One of my fondest memory of her is
every thanksgiving she would give each of her nieces and nephew a book. The
best books were from her. My favorites that I got from her was “100 dresses”
and first three books of “Anne of Green Gables.” There are so many other books I
cannot remember all the names.
I Love you Aunt Anita!

No comments:
Post a Comment