Sunday, January 24, 2016

When life seem hopeless



Life throws us so many trials and heartache that we sometimes don't want to face. But when we face them we become a better person. Sometimes we are even grateful what those trials and heartache brings to us.

That is what is happening with me in my life. I have had this huge huge mountain that I can't seem to get to the top of. It is really irritating that is seem so impossible. While I am on this mountain I have lost a few footing that have set me back. I would start again each time facing it alone. However I finally gotten to the point where I just can't do it alone. Took me some time to finally reach up and say help. That alone was a small mountain on my big mountain. Letting go of my pride and saying I need help. I finally did that. There are some heartache when I finally gave in. But at the same time I was lifted up. My mountain didn't seem so big anymore. It's still there but its not so terrifying to take another step.

"The Lighthouse" Taken By Elizabeth Martin 2014
Today at my church the lesson that was given was call " Meeting the challenges of Today World" By Elder Robert D. Hales. He states the following " The Lord will always keep His promise: "I will lead you along."(Doctrine and Covenants 78:18). The only question is will we let ourselves be led? Will we hear His voice of His servants?" I have been thinking about that quote today. I have been asking myself those questions. Am I allowing myself to be led by the Lord? Am I hearing His voice of His servants? Quite frankly no I haven't. I realized that in the last few weeks. I finally began to listen. Because I am listening I was able to hurled the small mountain on my big mountain. It hard to become humble and listen and do it. It was painful to see the outcome. But I think in the end its going to help me become stronger each day. Most of the time I can't see what is in front of me. But with the help of who I have reached out to it will become clear if I let it.

My hope for you that read this blog will see that in your own live. Do you have a mountain that you feel like is so impossible to clime. You can do it. Change the way you think, and reach for help.
We sometimes feel like God had left us. But in reality we have left God. We have stop listening because we have too much pride and we want to do it ourselves.

I was in the mood to sign a song I hope it helps you as it helped me listening to these words by Hilary Weeks. 















No comments:

Post a Comment